Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gig Review - London / SE Showcase Tour - Bromley

Another great gig at Bromley. We've been really lucky with the weather in the past, but I can't remember a time when we have been THAT close to cancelling due to bad weather. Literally, 5 mins after we finished for the afternoon, as we were packing up, the rain came down! Luckily we had all the gear under cover by then, but it could've been a different story.

Of course the gig fell on Rememberance Sunday and so we didn't start at our usual 12 noon time, to allow the Salvation Army troop down the High Street. I had one of my military coats on that day and got the urge to follow them down the high street myself! The start was also delayed by a couple of minus by rain in the air, but we eventually got off and played a full day, playing three sets in the process. Highlight for me was You've Got To Choose, which featured an excellent guitar break from Matt. it wasn't the warmest of days either, so we're gonna have to get used to playing in coats and gloves again me thinks!

On to Surrey next, with Sutton and Guildford waiting...

No comments: